My name is Kip and I have spent my career helping people save money on their mortgages. Over the years I have talked with many people about how to save money both with their mortgage and in their everyday lives. Now I am bringing my years of knowledge to you. Each week I will bring you a new money saving tip to help you keep more of your hard earned dollars in your pocket. Tune in weekly and if you or anyone you know needs help financing or refinancing your Wisconsin home please contact me.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Set a Timer





Overcooking food is wasteful on more than one level. This short video explains how simply setting a timer will save you money...with a twist of humor.  (Click play or read the text from the video below). Enjoy and if you or anyone you know needs help saving money on their mortgage or needs help getting qualified for a home purchase loan please call me.




TEXT FROM VIDEO:  Money Saving Minute number zero one zero - set your timer. Like most people, my time is limited so I have a tendency to try and tackle several tasks at once. In my haste to get both dinner cooked and laundry done I neglected to set my cooking timer. While I was gnawing threw my shoe leather chicken it occurred to me that overcooking is wasteful on more than one level. First, overcooking leads to food waste. If its dry or burnt chances are the leftovers are going in the garbage . . . If not the entire dish. Second, overcooked food requires something to help make it palatable so most of us reach for Catsup, butter or some kind of sauce. These condiments add unwanted calories and expense to a meal. Finally, although it may only be pennies, over cooking food requires more energy than food cooked to the correct doneness. So, by simply setting a timer when cooking we waste less food, don’t use as much high calorie condiments, save on energy and have a meal worth eating. This has been money saving minute number zero one zero. It’s your cash and watching The Money Saving Minute each week will help you keep more of it. Click to the right to subscribe so you don’t miss any money saving tips and click the facebook button below to share this with your friends.



This is not
This is a cooking Timer





No comments:

Post a Comment