My name is Kip and I have spent my career helping people save money on their mortgages. Over the years I have talked with many people about how to save money both with their mortgage and in their everyday lives. Now I am bringing my years of knowledge to you. Each week I will bring you a new money saving tip to help you keep more of your hard earned dollars in your pocket. Tune in weekly and if you or anyone you know needs help financing or refinancing your Wisconsin home please contact me.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Credit Cards




              

TEXT FROM VIDEO

Money Saving Minute #036 – credit cards

Having a credit card in your wallet is a lot like adopting a Pit Bull as a pet.  When properly trained they can be your best friend…when left to run wild they can be trouble.

A properly trained credit card will not be used as an extension of one’s earnings.  The mentality of “I can’t afford it today but I can afford the minimum payments” is what will get a borrower into trouble.  Instead one should think of credit cards as a way to help them track their spending as well as earn rewards or cash back.  If you can afford to pay off the balance each month you are using your credit wisely.  If you can’t pay off the balance each month stop and ask yourself if you need the purchase enough to pay 18 to 25 percent more for the item.

If you are currently carrying balances on your credit accounts go to this webpage and download the credit card calculator.  This will help you to set up a target payment to get those balances paid off.


For more information about this or anything home loan related please contact Team Warzon.


No comments:

Post a Comment